VIA Motors is looking for a Quality Manager to join our Systems Engineering Team. Working with internal and external teams, the Quality Manager will be responsible for on-time implementation, coordination, improvement, and certification of VIA’s quality systems. As the champion of the quality systems, you will be providing technical support, ensuring compliance, maintaining customer satisfaction and acting as the resident subject matter expert on all aspects of quality. This is your opportunity to join our growing team and be involved at the forefront of electric and hybrid-electric vehicle technology development.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Spearheading and coordinating quality-related functions throughout the VIA organization.
- Establishing and ensuring compliance to engineering standards, product specifications, established process and procedures and customer expectations.
- Working with the Functional Safety Manager to achieve quality management goals in alignment with ISO26262.
- Working with the engineering teams, conducting process capability studies, developing and releasing product/process control plans, inspection standards, quality and testing plans and instructions, technical specifications and various testing and validations.
- Leading cross-functional teams to drive process and product improvements, using QA methodologies to manage and facilitate problem resolution including root cause investigation, and the development, implementation and monitoring of effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Developing and implementing quality metrics; tracking and improving the performance of internal and external quality metrics.
- Performing regular audits to detect non-conformances and process variations; reporting audit findings to the management as part of the formulation of the continuous improvement plan.
- Performing supplier assessment and validation audits in conjunction with the procurement team.
- Facilitating the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues.
- Consulting with the engineering teams and the management as the Subject Matter Expert on quality-related issues.
- As directed, assuming leadership roles as needed by the team/project in any of the aspects above.
- Actively contributing to knowledge sharing within the team.
- Undertaking special projects as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Leadership role in establishing an organization wide QMS (e.g. IATF 16949, ISO 9001), successfully passing a certification authority (e.g. LR, TUV, BSI) audit, and achieving QMS certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Tier 1 automotive Quality Management experience with complex systems involving hardware, software, suppliers/contractors and customers a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)/Process Failure Mode and Analysis (PFMEA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) a strong asset.
- In depth knowledge of IATF 16949 and/or ISO 9001
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001
- Experience/knowledge with ISO 26262 and Automotive SPICE strongly preferred
- Electric vehicle (EV) and Hybrid-Electric vehicle (HEV, PHEV) systems development experience a strong asset.
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Team player who is easy to work with
- Combination of big picture understanding and vision with outstanding attention to detail
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills – comfortable with both theoretical and practical issues
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Strong ability to document work
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and to communicate roadblocks promptly to management within a fast-paced environment where project / team priorities may shift
- A curious person who stays abreast of the latest techniques and technologies
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Able and willing to travel within US and Internationally as required
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs of equipment/parts for testing and/or fabrication activities.
VIA Motors is a private automotive company headquartered in Utah that is focused on electric and hybrid commercial vehicle applications across the globe. With our industry-leading technology, we work closely with our customers to create custom solutions that meet their unique fleet requirements. An electrified fleet will not only allow companies to meet existing and future emissions requirements, but will also reduce pollution, cut operating costs, and create healthier communities.