VIA Motors is looking for a motivated Entry Level Validation Technician. This is your opportunity to join our growing team and be involved at the forefront of electric and hybrid-electric vehicle technology development. The Validation Technician provides technical expertise for the commissioning and testing phases of material handling system automation projects, involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software, controls, and technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Execute Test Case and Test Plans under supervision of Validation engineer.
- Author Test Cases, Test Specification, user manuals, test instructions, test procedure for Vehicle and Sub System level testing.
- Prepare Test Setup. Must be able to learn new technologies.
- Assist and Contribute in construction of Automotive Sub System Test Benches.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum GED degree, preferred Associates degree in Science.
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Team player who is easy to work with
- Combination of big picture understanding and vision with outstanding attention to detail
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills – comfortable with both theoretical and practical issues
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Strong ability to document work
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and to communicate roadblocks promptly to management within a fast-paced environment where project / team priorities may shift
- A curious person who stays abreast of the latest techniques and technologies
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Able and willing to travel within US and Internationally
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be willing to learn how to operate a forklift.
- Must be comfortable working in automotive shop.